Reflections from Fr. Justin Mathews + husband, father, priest, artist, aspiring fool for Christ (www.JustinMathews.com)

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Garth Road Inn...

Typically I am bound to my desk studying or my kids playing or with my wife (watching LOST!). But every now and then I have the opportunity to journey out to my fav. NY pub near SVS - Garth Road Inn.

Last night I had the pleasure of embibing a frosty beverage with my friend Prof. Dr. Peter Bouteneff. He taught my Dogmatic Theology 101, 102 and Ecumenism classes. I must say these were among my fovorite classes; some of the most practical for answering daily life theological questions.

Our evening jumpped from one topic to the next - straying from His new book on Genesis to the American political scene and ROCOR. It was a lovely time with a good friend and brother in Christ.

Along the way Dn. Caleb and Jeremy (also SVS buds) showed up to say hello.














Dn. Caleb and I spent the remainder of the evening talking "Tarazi" (one of our NT/OT Prof.'s)

It was a good night at the Garth!

DnJM

No comments: