Reflections from Fr. Justin Mathews + husband, father, priest, artist, aspiring fool for Christ (www.JustinMathews.com)

Monday, October 16, 2006

Its true...

I totally stink at posting to my blog don't I... OK, well ˆ am not making any huge promises to literary greatness, but I will post some quotes I am reading and some thoughts now and again. Perhaps this will spur me on. By the by, I am being ordained to the Priesthood this weekend - I am utterly speachless. This the fulfillment of a lifelong calling and the beginning of more than I can imagine. Your prayers would be great...

In Christ - DnJM

"For him who is perfect in love and has reached the summit of dispassion there is
no difference between his own or another’s, or between Christians and unbelievers,
or between slave and free, or between male and female. But because he has risen above
the tyranny of the passions and has fixed his attention on the single nature of man,
he looks on all in the same way and shows the same disposition to all. For in him there
is neither Greek nor Jew, male nor female, bond not free, but Christ who 'is all, and
in all' (Col. 3:11; cf. Gal. 3:28)."

St. Maximos the Confessor
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to
us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness
and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is
Where our love for each other must start.

Mother Teresa

No comments: